Military Student Bill of Rights
Columbus State University belongs to the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
All military students and their families should be served with satisfactory college marketing, admissions and student services practices, including the right to:
- Accurate information about a school's programs, requirements, accreditation and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading "scholarship" offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional "drop-add" and withdrawal policies and procedures, including information about the impact of military duties (such as mobilization, activation and temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.
- Clearly defined grievance-appeals processes.