Military Student Bill of Rights
All military students and their families should be served with satisfactory college marketing, admissions and student services practices, including the right to:
- Accurate information about a school's programs, requirements, accreditation and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading "scholarship" offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional "drop-add" and withdrawal policies and procedures, including information about the impact of military duties (such as mobilization, activation and temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.
- Clearly defined grievance-appeals processes.