Step One: Create an account in GoArmyEd
- Go to GoArmyEd.com
- Click on "Need to Register/Activate your account in GoArmyEd?" on the far right side of the page.
- Enter your Social Security number and Date of Birth.
- Complete the Six-step Account Activation Wizard
- Step 1: Select "Request TA Access" smart link. An automatic verification for TA eligibility check will be performed.
- Step 2: View the "Welcome to VIA" video.
- Step 3: Select a career goal, degree program and home school using the VIA tool. (Select Columbus State University and your Degree Plan or Major in Banner SIS.)
- Step 4: Submit the request for approval by the Army Education Counselor to activate TA eligibility.
- Step 5: Receive email from Go Army when your request has been approved.
- Step 6: Complete Common Application and submit your TA Statement of Understanding.
Step Two: Create your "Course Planner" in GoArmyEd
- Click on "Course Planner" on the home page of GoArmyEd
- Upload your signed "Plan of Study/Degree Plan". Your Plan of Study must be signed and dated by your CSU Military Service Representative.
- Enter the number of semester hours (SH) you will need to graduate.
- The course catalog at CSU will then appear on the screen. "Select" each course you need to graduate and click "Add to Planner" at the top of the screen.
- When you have selected all your courses, click "Return to Course Planner".
- You will now be viewing your Course Planner showing all the courses you plan to take. In the column labeled "Course Usage", choose "General Education Requirement" for all your Area A - Area E courses and "Major Requirement" for all your Major courses. If you are also taking classes for a minor or MSAL classes, choose "Required Elective" for those courses.
- At the bottom left of your Course Planner, click on the "Submit" button.
- In a few days you will receive the email that your Course Planner has been approved and you will then be ready to request TA.
Step Three: Register for your classes on Banner.
IMPORTANT: You must register for your classes in Banner SIS before you can request TA in GoArmyEd.
Step Four: Request TA in GoArmyEd
- You can only request TA for classes on your Course Planner. If the class is not on your Plan of Study, you will first need to upload a new Plan of Study that includes that class. Your Plan of Study must be signed by your Military Service Representative.
- Log into GoArmyEd.com and click on the Course Planner button on your home page.
- Select the "Enroll" button next to the desired course to enroll in the class.
- A screen will appear showing all the sections for that course. Find your section and click on and click on "Request Class". You can find the section by printing out your CSU class schedule in Banner SIS. The section shows up right after the course name and number. You must register for the correct section number. The section number will be the last 4 digits of your CRN at CSU.
- Click on "Process Request".
- You will be asked to verify your account information. If you haven't already, enter your CSU email as the "alternate email".
- Click on "Add Another Class". Continue this process until all your classes have been added.
- If you do not find your class/section in GoArmyEd, send an email to email@example.com asking to add the class/section to GoArmyEd. You MUST include the class name, class number and class section in the email.
- Click on "View My Schedule" to make sure you have completed all steps and are now registered for your courses in the GoArmyEd Portal.
NOTE: All TA requests must be completed prior to the first day of the term. We strongly recommend that you request TA 5 days prior to the start of the term.
Step Five: Review your student invoice in Banner SIS to confirm the Tuition Assistance is on your bill. Please allow 5 business day from your your request of TA to be applied to your invoice.
For questions regarding your GoArmyEd Tuition Assistance, please call 1-800-817-9990.
- You may not request TA for any class for which you are receiving the GI BILL®.
- TA requests must be approved prior to the first day of the term.
- Army Tuition Assistance (TA) is available to members of the active duty Army, Army National Guard or Reserves.
- If you are not using any form of the ROTC scholarship or the Georgia Military Scholarship (GMS) you may be eligible for Army TA.
- You can receive up to 16 semester hours per Fiscal Year (1 OCT through 30 SEP)
- Pays up to $250 per semester hour towards your tuition only.
- If you are on the Hope Scholarship, TA will only pay the portion of the tuition Hope does not cover for each class you are requesting TA.
- If you add classes during drop/add at the beginning of the semester, you will not be able to request Tuition Assistance for these classes.
Other regulations apply.
IMPORTANT: You must register for your classes in Banner before you can request to be paid for the classes in GoArmyEd.
All TA requests must be completed prior to the first day of the semester.
Army Tuition Assistance: http://www.GoArmyEd.com
National Guard Tuition Assistance: https://www.nationalguard.com/how-to-apply-for-federal-tuition-assistance
Reserve Tuition Assistance: https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/reserve-tuition-assistance.html
Air Force Tuition Assistance: https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/air-force-tuition-assistance.html
Navy Tuition Assistance: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/tuition-assistance/index.htm
Marines Tuition Assistance: https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/marine-corps-tuition-assistance.html
Coast Guard Tuition Assistance: https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/coast-guard-tuition-assistance.html
All military students should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor with their military service prior to enrolling at Columbus State University or any other institution. Since military funding is limited, it is important for all service members to use all their resources with making any educational decision.